Founded in 1918, Darigold is the fifth largest dairy cooperative in the U.S. based on milk volume. Its 11 processing plants throughout the Northwest — including three Idaho plants in Boise, Caldwell, and Jerome — handle more than 8.9 billion pounds of milk annually.
The company produces fluid milk, ultra-pasteurized fluid products, butter, and sour cream, as well as ingredient products like whey, bulk cream, bulk butter, buttermilk powder, nonfat dry milk powder, and whey protein concentrate.
Awards, Quality Information, Certifications, or Highlights
- King County’s Industrial Waste Program
Environmental Award (2015)
- Washington State Food Processor of the Year (2014)
- McDonald’s Corporation 2012 Best Sustainable
Suppliers for Darigold’s Web-Based Animal Well-
- U.S. Dairy Export Council Awards for Outstanding
Dairy Processing and Manufacturing
Sustainability Award (2012)
- Service Provider Award from Food Services of